JOIN OUR FAMILY
Careers at Eastern States Group
Eastern States Group seeks dynamic individuals to join our collaborative and entrepreneurial environment. Our family of companies is built on hiring people who share a strong work ethic and enthusiasm for what they do. From project managers and marketing experts to diesel mechanics and accountants, Eastern States Group welcomes applications from individuals who are qualified in their fields and who share our commitment to excellence and growth.
New Castle County
FT or PT Self Storage Property Manager
Sentinel Self-Storage, LLC is a highly successful regional self-storage company with facilities in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. A retail company without the retail hours (no night work or Sundays but every Saturday required). We are growing again and currently have an opening for Assistant Property Manager for our New Castle County, DE locations.
Your primary responsibility is to provide excellent customer service while renting space and ensuring efficient operations of a self-storage facility. This includes executing rental agreements, meeting sales goals, collecting payments from tenants, providing excellent customer service and maintaining property appearance to Company standards
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Make and receive sales phone calls and make in-person sales presentations to prospective customers in accordance with Company standards, guidelines and scripts.
- Properly explain and compete new customer Rental Agreements.
- Explain, accept and accurately post payments for rent, late fees, merchandise and rental truck.
- Maintain delinquencies at or below targeted levels by executing Company policies regarding phone calls, delinquent letters and in-person collection efforts to all due customers.
- Maximize rental collections from vacating tenants by adhering to Company policies and standards regarding Rental Agreement presentation and explanation and telephone collection efforts.
- Perform various housekeeping and maintenance of the office, rental units, buildings, driveways and parking lots according to a daily, weekly and monthly schedule. Maintain property appearance at or above acceptable standards and notify Regional Manager/Maintenance Person of any maintenance and repairs required.
- Make timely and accurate bank deposits in compliance with Company policies
- Timely and accurately input all invoices into the computer system and maintain tenant and Rental Agreement files according to Company guidelines.
- Timely and accurately process all credit card auto debits.
- Actively market locks, boxes and packing supplies to new and existing customers and maintain merchandise inventory.
- Maintain inventory in organized and orderly fashion. Sales displays to be changed with office approval.
- Respond to all customer inquiries, requests and complaints in a timely, courteous, friendly and professional manner. Attempt to resolve all issues to the customers’ satisfaction within established Company policies and refer unresolved issues to the Regional Manager.
- Be available in the office as much as possible to promptly answer telephone calls and to greet customers as they enter the store as per Company policies
- Perform daily lock checks and maintain accurate unit inventory in accordance with Company policies and procedures at all times.
Sentinel Self Storage, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Background check and drug screen required.
Interested? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Property Maintenance Apprentice
POSITION SUMMARY The position will be working with skilled maintenance staff and learning how to handle new construction in light industrial, tenant fit-outs, preventative maintenance as well as repairs associated with office, industrial/flex, and self-storage buildings.
- General Maintenance including:
- Mechanical Gate- Repairs
- Mechanically Inclined-Safety Oriented
- HVAC – preventative maintenance
- Doors – replace latches, preventative maintenance
- Roof – general cleaning and basic structural assessment
- Performs general cleaning of inside and outside of property
- Other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and DMV record free of major infractions.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic. Uses time productively to accomplish challenging work goals.
- Presents a professional, positive image that reflects well on the organization.
- Ability to understand, follow and follow up on oral and written instructions.
- Must be flexible; position requires the ability to work with multiple facilities/store managers.
We offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental benefits, life insurance, a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment. A pre-employment drug test and criminal background check will be conducted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Interested? Please email your resume to email@example.com